Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pro 12, three and four octave versions





Heres a photoshop of 3 and 4 octave versions of the Pro 12 keyboard.  I've added the pitch bend/mod wheel you can get from Dave Smith via Synthwood.  The extra space on the right hand side could hold a power supply/supplies, allowing you to wire both into a Kettle Plug socket to the rear of the unit, which would be tidier.  Not sure what heat issues you'd have though.  I suppose you could use a heat sink to fill the gap in the rear panel.

Any comments?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your pictures over at matrixsynth this morning. I don't know if you've seen this but there is a video on Youtube showing a Creamware Prodyssey with an attached keyboard, it's only one octave tho.
Maybe you can contact the owner for information.:)

Anonymous said...

Ooops heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxm9CZoxVL8

Brian68GT said...

saw it and contacted the owner, he was very helpful. His keyboard runs off its own power supply and its connected by a midi cable. I'm hoping to wire this internally so it looks factory.

Anonymous said...

Good, I had hoped he might be able to shed some light on the technical side.
If you can come anywhere near your photoshopped version you'll have a real winner!:)

Ran Kirlian said...

Hi again. 4 octaves looks more like a Virus keyboard. While it looks nice anyway, I still prefering that cool 3 octaves from your previous post.

About your octave up/down question. The manual says it is possible with a switch that is not on the front panel for sure. Instead of this, there is the master tune, a knob which allows you to tune it up and down. I will check the synth this evening (I don't play it for a long time, so I don't remember it well right now).